A delicious, tasty and easy meal the whole family will love!
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 green onions
- 140g roasted capsicum
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- A pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled, halved and cut into rings
- 4 sesame burger roll or brioche rolls
- 40g butter, softened
- 4 x 100g scotch fillets
- Cos heart leaves
- ½ cucumber, deseeded, grated
- ½ avocado, stone removed, peeled, sliced
- Coarsely chop half the coriander and all of the onion. Place in a food processor. Add the capsicum, garlic, chili flakes and lime juice. Process to a coarse paste. Season with salt and sugar.
- Preheat the BBQ grill on SETTING 6–7 and brush onions with oil. Fry onion rings on flat plate for 10–15 minutes, stirring, until brown and soft.
- Increase to SETTING 12.
- Cut open the rolls and butter the inside top and bottom. Grill rolls on ribbed cooking plate for 1–2 minutes on each side or until showing grill marks. Remove and set aside.
- Increase to SEAR SETTING. Pound each steak between two sheets of baking paper with a meat mallet to 4mm thin. Grill for 30 seconds each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking.
- Spread a little of the salsa over the base of each roll. Top with lettuce and steaks. Divide onion, cucumber, avocado, and remaining coriander among each burger. Dollop remaining salsa on top and finish with the top roll patty.
For some added nutrients and flavour include some rocket leaves in your sandwich.
Leave a Reply