Start your day off with a delicious and comforting Date & Walnut Loaf.
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125g butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
This recipe was prepared using the Sunbeam products.
Source: Sunbeam Australia
- Preheat oven to moderate (170°C/150°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 14cm x 21cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine dates, water and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. Stand for 10 minutes for dates to soften.
- Place butter, sugar and honey in a bowl. Using beaters, beat on slow speed until combined. Increase speed and beat until light and pale.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in flour, walnuts and dates
- Spoon mixture into pan. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake for 5 minutes then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve.
Leave a Reply