This chocolate coffee cake is the perfect match for a nice hot cup of coffee in the afternoon.
- 100 g (3.5 oz) of pastry flour
- 120 g (4.2 oz) butter
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- 3 tablespoons bitter cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 1 large cup of coffee with very little sugar
For your chance to WIN a LAVAZZA A Modo Mio prize pack, including a Lavazza A Modo Mio Coffee Maker and Lavazza Barista Course for you AND your friend, simply be a Facebook Fan and enter our Lavazza Competition!
Head here to enter!
HURRY! Competition ends Sunday 14th July 2013 at 9pm (AEST). Good Luck!
Thanks to Lavazza Australia for this recipe.
- Put the butter in the mixer at room temperature and add the sugar (keep 1 tablespoon of sugar) and blend at low speed until the mixture is frothy.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, flour, 2 level spoons of bitter cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Add 2 spoons of milk followed by the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered oven dish, sprinkle uniformly with a mixture obtained by mixing 1 spoonful of cocoa and 1 of sugar. Finish off by quickly pouring in the cooled coffee.
- Place in the oven at 180°C (355°F) for 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve the cake cut into slices, completing the dish with the coffee cream formed on the bottom of the oven dish.
- To change the dessert’s presentation you can cook the mixture in single-portion moulds, to obtain small cocoa and coffee cake muffins. In this case reduce the cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
Leave a Reply