Always a winner with the whole family, chilli squid is quick, easy and delicious!
- 6 medium squid hoods
- ¼ cup sea salt flakes
- 1 – 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 ½ cups tapioca starch or cornflour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- lime wedges, to serve
To add some more kick to the chili squid, lightly season with some black pepper.
- Clean squid and halve lengthways. Score insides in crosshatch pattern and then cut into 5 cm strips.
- Crush salt slightly and combine with chilli and tapioca starch.
- Heat oil to 190°C. Dip squid into egg whites then into chilli mixture and shake off excess.
- Deep fry squid in batches for about 45 seconds. Serve with lime wedges
Leave a Reply